It is extremely important to protect your home and family from harm using home security systems. Records say that, in every 15 seconds a burglar break into someone’s home. It is really important to install some home security system in your house to protect your property. Home security systems are really helpful when you are out of town. If you want to know what’s going on in your house when you are out for work, then you can install wireless security systems which include wireless cameras. These security cameras can provide you the live video imaging of your home wherever you are. As you know the technology is so advanced these days. Now days, people prefer wireless security systems over hard-wired security systems.
Now it comes to the installation of the home security systems in your house. There are two ways to do that. The first way is an expensive one and the second one will save lots of installation charges. If you want to install a security system in your house and you really want to save the installation charges taken by a professional, then try home security do it yourself tips. These tips will save a lot of installation Charge amounts in home security systems.
These are some home security do it yourself tips you can use while preparing for the installation of a security system in your house:
- Point Out the Unsecure Areas - First of all, take a look at your house from outside, check out the weak areas from which a bugler can break into your house. Now you will see that glass windows on your home’s outside wall is really a weak point. Now check if your doors are made of at least 1” hard wood. You can install a wrought Iron security door in front of your exterior door and that will give you extra security.
- Home Security Systems - Now that you know the weak points from which a bugler can break into your house you are ready to install a home security system according to your home’s requirement. Install motion sensing devices on the outside windows of your house or you could replace glass of the windows with break resistant plastic. There is one more option of installing a grille on the inside. Always remember to secure the dead bolts with screws.
- Installation of Safer Doors - If your door is a weak point of your house’s security then you must replace it. There are some really hard to break doors available in the market. If you have sliding doors in your house, you can purchase sliding glass doors that increase sliding doors security. If you have French doors in your house, you can use slide rod locks at the top and bottom of the door or the dome switch is another security option for you. All of the doors should be kept locked at all times with dead bolts. If you have a glass window on your door, use a lock that requires a key on both sides. Otherwise the burglar could easily break the window to get to the latch of the door.
- Installing of Wireless Cameras – There are so many home security cameras available out there in the market. There are two types of security camera systems. One is hard-wired and other one is a wireless camera system. Today everyone prefers to use wireless security cameras because they are easy to handle. They do not require any kind of permanent wiring to do while installing them. Choose a great wireless security system. Choose wireless cameras that can send great image quality. You can install these wireless cameras outside of your house and inside of your house. These cameras will help you to watch over your pets when you are out of town. You can check on your kids while you are out too.
- Motion Sensing Devices - Install motion sensing devices on your windows and house doors. Motion sensing techniques are really great. These devices will bang the emergency alarm if someone steps on them. So if any bugler will try to enter in your home, these motion sensing devices will catch the motion and they will sound the main alarm of your security system. Installing motion detecting lights will be a great option too. Protect your main entrance doors by door contact sensors. There are usually two types of door sensors in use. First one is – delayed and second one is immediate. The delay sensor will allows someone to enter the house and it gives reasonable time to disarm the alarm system. You must install this sensor at each of your main entry points of your house. The immediate door sensor will send the system into alarm as soon as the door is opened.
Other Tips to Remember:
Home security begins with replacing of window locks and adding of magnetic sensors. You must install dome switches and wireless CCTV cameras to get the best protection. One more thing, placing security signs where they are clearly visible to anyone, exterior doors, outside windows, and curbs will really increase your and your family’s safety.
These are the home security do it yourself tips to remember while preparing home security for your house. If you care for your belongings, you really must install some security system to your house to protect them. By using these tips you will save lots of money. You can use this money to buys some extra hidden cameras. You won’t need any professional security installer to install the security system in your home. Just be relaxed and try to do it yourself. It’s really not a hard task. You can get all the installation information on the security devices too. In the end you will find that then comfort and security is priceless, but with these tips you will be well on your way to saving money while securing your home.