‘Andersen‘ is a mega window and door manufacturing company in United States of America. Initially known as Anderson Windows was originally established by Hans Andersen who was a Danish immigrant, in the year 1903. Windows are supposed to be made of a patented material called Fibrex which constitutes thermoplastics along with bio-fibers, making it unique and durable.
A wide array of Anderson Window parts are available, chosen by their customers for constructional usage adding to the exterior as well as interior beauty of the buildings. Installing Anderson window parts is extremely easy and can conveniently be learned following the simple steps elaborated here.
They offer seven kinds of fancy decorative windows that are durable and good in quality.
1. Casement windows: The windows with hinges on one side that open towards the outside.
2. Awning windows: The windows have hinges at the top that open outward.
3. Double Hung windows: The windows that open by sliding vertically up and down.
4. Gliding windows: The same technique as is used in the double hung windows, only these slide horizontally.
5. Picture and Transom window: Used for decoration and designed to match the casement or the double hung windows, these windows stay stationary serving aesthetic purposes only.
6. Specialty windows: These windows are also utilized for the beautification of the buildings. These include all curved and stationary windows
7. Bow Bay windows: Projecting outward from the building, these windows show beauty with style.
8. Skylights and Roof windows: These windows are basically designed to cater for sloping walls and surfaces.
Here are some simple instructions about how to install Anderson Window parts and how window installation is a DIY project:
1. The Anderson Window parts are normally installed in vertical and upright positions with the only exception of Skylights and Roof windows.
2. The hollow in the wall where the window has to be installed has to be squared, measured in size and leveled carefully to enable proper Anderson window parts installation.
3. Around and beneath the window opening apply thorough flashing.
4. It is a must to re-check the window alignment and install suitable fasteners, in order to give a securing grip to the Anderson window parts.
5. Insulate the inner cavity in between the opening and the window frame. Make sure there is no over application causing stuffing thus hindering proper fixing.
6. Staining and sealing the wooden rough surface of the window helps in moisture absorption.
7. There should be no traces of paint in between the hardware finish and the weather strip.
8. Newly installed Anderson window parts should not be left to be damaged during the construction; this can be taken care of by installing the Anderson window parts after the plastering is done.
9. One has to thoroughly check the installation and working of the Anderson window parts before the final interior trim is applied.
Meticulous following of these easy instructions will enable you to install and use the exotic Anderson window parts perfectly, thus adding finesse and class to your quality living.